The Civil Engineering Operation is made up of a skilled team of civil engineers. Our professional engineers and technicians have extensive experience on a variety of projects. With engineers licensed in multiple states, we have the ability to offer a broad range of engineering services to a large network of clients.
- Road and Highway Design
- Water Supply and Distribution Systems
- Wastewater Collection and Disposal Systems
- Site Design and Development
- Storm Sewer Systems
- Trail Design
- Erosion Control Design
- Community Development Plans
- Grant Acquisition Assistance
- Construction Engineering
- Asset Management Plans
- 4-Way Sweep Utility Locating
- Computer Aided Drafting (CAD)
The Environmental Engineering Operation has been performing environmental consulting services for over 30 years. Our experience originated with the traditional aspects of environmental engineering such as wastewater treatment and waste management, but over the years we have expanded our expertise to include a broader range of environmental services to better serve our clients. The environmental staff of engineers, geologists, hydrogeologists, environmental scientists and field technicians bring a wealth of knowledge to our clientele.
- Wetland Mitigation and Delineation
- Environmental Property Assessment
- Industrial Compliance Services
- Brownfield Redevelopment Planning
- Hydrologic and Hydraulic Studies
- Grant Preparation
- Geophysical Surveys
- Remediation Systems
- Lead and Asbestos Sampling
- Demolition Plans
- Sound Studies/Surveys
The Geotechnical Engineering Operation is comprised of geotechnical engineers, laboratory technicians and scientists. We operate specialized drilling equipment necessary to work in rough terrain, with the ability to drill holes to depths of more than 300 feet and to obtain adequate recovery of samples of rock and soil.
The Geotechnical Engineering Operation maintains a nationally accredited ASTM and AASHTO materials laboratory. Our regional locations allow us to provide testing services for the Michigan Department of Transportation (MDOT), Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT), Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and private sector clients throughout the Great Lakes Region.
Technicians are trained and certified in the most current standards and testing procedures. They are also certified by MDOT and WisDOT as aggregate, concrete and bituminous inspectors. Our team has vast experience with projects designed and constructed using MDOT, WisDOT and FAA specifications. Coleman Engineering Company is also certified to conduct annual inspections and certifications of concrete redi-mix plants in accordance with the National Redi-Mix Concrete Association (NRMCA) standards.
The Surveying Operation includes surveyors licensed in Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois and North Dakota, as well as field crews and survey technicians. We provide quality, cost-effective surveying services throughout the Upper Midwest. Our licensed surveyors have extensive knowledge in a variety of survey projects and are able to complete survey tasks in a cost-effective manner. We are capable of running up to 25 field crews allowing us to work on simultaneous projects giving us the flexibility to complete numerous projects within a client’s schedule.
The types of survey projects we complete vary greatly in scope and include:
Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
Through our extensive experience in the use of ESRI ArcGIS®, Autodesk®, Bentley® MicroStation, Trimble® and web-based GIS services, our multiple disciplines have created and implemented many exceptional GIS solutions. Our consulting services will enable your organization to fully explore the benefits GIS has to offer.
- CEC's Asset Management & Data Collection Platform (Colligo GIS)
- Parcel Mapping
- Desktop Review for Future Development Possibilities
- Location Intelligence & Navigation for EMS
- Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) Solutions
- GPS and RTK Data Collection
- GIS Training for Provided Solutions
- Consultancy Services
ASSET MANAGEMENT & DATA COLLECTION
- Cost-effective Web and Mobile Applications
- Real-time Online/Offline Data Collection
- E911 & Emergency Response Navigation
- Easily Customizable Forms/Classifications
- Integration with Your Current GIS Platform
- Parcel Layer Creation (Legal Descriptions, Meets/bounds, Plats, Deeds)
- Searchable & Reportable Web Platform Display
- User-friendly Editing Tools
- Low Maintenance Cost
CEC has a wide range of services available to benefit a variety of industries. Whether you have existing data or you are just ready to start collecting, CEC can lead you through the process and help you establish a GIS platform for years to come.